Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweater Season.

It is nice to be back again! This year has swept me up into the swing of things before I could quite catch my breath. I had a hot, work-filled summer that left me feeling anesthetized, so I can't tell you how excited I am to be breathing the (almost) crisp air of fall. 

Fall is always the best time of the year. It's a time to break out the boots, leggings, and scarves that have been sitting forlornly in your closet. And the sweaters. Oh, the sweaters. If only I could wear cardigans, oversized pullovers, and cashmere v-necks all year round. Nothing would make me more content! Fall fashion will forever be my favorite. Even the September issue of Vogue is always the most exciting. 

There's a hopeful, refreshed, exhilarated attitude on campus. For students, it's also a time for new school year resolutions. Not that we always stick to them. (For example, I was resolved to begin blogging again in August... Sorry, guys. I done goofed.) Nevertheless, it's a time where everything feels possible.

My resolution is to make the Winsome brand better. I have ideas and plans bursting at the seams, I just need to finally implement them. My focus with Winsome: ASU Fashion has been fashion, art, and culture. We haven't yet explored these themes to their full potential! This needs to change. I will be making an effort to have more coverage of art and culture, especially locally. 

I also want to incorporate all of you! I'm tired of my fashion monologue - I want discussion and opinions and different views. Fashion is diverse, and I plan on treating it as such. There will be writing contests and street style photography contests coming up within the next two months, so keep reading and watching!




No comments:

Post a Comment